Must have Passenger Endorsement, Air Brakes preferred but not necessary, Ability to enter Canada preferred but not necessary, Pass DOT Physical and Drug Screening, Qualify under 19A, Have clean MVR, Love driving and accommodating passengers.
Candidate has options for Full-time year-round, or Part-time year-round, or, seasonally.
We operate Monday through Sunday. Shift options are available in Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls, NY
Gray Line Niagara Falls/Buffalo is growing and is seeking a visionary, self-motivated and results-driven General
Manager. We are a large Sightseeing / Tour & Transportation company with Administration offices located in
Niagara Falls, NY, serving Western New York and Southern Ontario.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership experience leading an organization through change;
cultural, process & systems and accelerated growth. The General Manager will be able to grow sales through
new partnerships, both as it relates to trade partners as well as new products and will leverage technology to
accelerate growth. The General Manager should have experience managing targets as it relates to the top and
bottom line, customer experience, and employee engagement.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining
relationships with clients, increase staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability and meeting
business objectives while meeting overall growth objectives. You will develop and implement growth strategies,
develop and ensure adherence to budgets, formulate pricing and policies, oversee day to day business
operations, monitor and motivate staff, ensure exceptional customer service, improve processes, engaging with
vendors and clients, identifying business opportunities and monitoring financial activities. You will also be
comfortable as a community liaison. Finally, you will ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and
monitored for compliance with laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or hospitality
• Five years’ experience managing a complex enterprise, human resources, finances, operations and
• Demonstrated experience of ethical leadership
• Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels
• Ability to make business projections three-five years into the future
• Highly organized
• Proactive nature
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, managers, partners and the workforce
• Understanding of human resources and personnel management
• Proven negotiation skills
• Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
• Experience with cross-border business, laws, labor relations, licensing preferred
• Experience with New York State DOT laws, 19A requirements, and Canadian Transportation laws